- Chinas Development — How It Affects You, the Foreigner
The Bohai Rim (66 million, including Beijing, Tianjin, Shenyang, Dalian, Dandong, Yantai, Jinan, Qinhuangdao, Qingdao, and Weihai) The other three are The Java Region (145 million), The European Backbone (120 million), and The Tokyo Region (80 million) See more on China's Top 10 LARGEST Cities Developed World Service in a Developing Country
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold . . .
The fate of 10 others who were underground at the time is unknown One of twenty-two Chinese miners wearing a black patch is saved from hundreds of metres underground, where they had been trapped
- China rescuers drill new ‘lifelines’ to trapped gold . . .
Twenty-two workers have been stuck 540 meters (1,750 feet) underground at the Hushan mine near Yantai in east China’s Shandong province after an explosion damaged the entrance
- Ten Chinese gold miners confirmed dead after others . . .
One (C-blue helmet) of 22 Chinese miners is saved from hundreds of metres underground where they had been trapped for two weeks after a gold mine explosion in Qixia, in eastern China's Shandong
- Trapped Chinese miners say thanks for medicine, call for . . .
The 22 men were trapped at the Hushan mine near Yantai in eastern Shandong province on 10 January when an explosion damaged the exit and the communications system of the mine, which was still
- Rescue operation to free Chinese miners trapped . . .
Chinese officials say it could day 15 days to drill through 70 tons of debris to reach miners trapped underground for nearly two weeks after an explosion at a gold mine in eastern China
- Indoor surfing and footballing chickens: Tuesdays best . . .
Indoor surfing and footballing chickens: Tuesday's best photos France Antoine Albeau, a windsurfer, stands on his board as he performs tests in a wind tunnel Photograph: Franck Fife AFP Getty Images