- 15 Best Pacific Islands to Visit in 2021 (and Here’s Why . . .
One of the most stunning remote islands, Palau is a tiny area of land in the Pacific, but it’s packed with impressive nature It’s an archipelago of volcanic and limestone islands that are covered in forest and surrounded by turquoise waters Diving is the main reason people visit here, and the top attractions are Blue Corner, the Badrulchau Stone Monoliths, the Ngardmau Waterfall, and
- Full removal of toxic material stored in Southland likely . . .
At least 2900 tonnes of toxic aluminium waste has been removed from a paper mill at Mataura The hazard from the stored dross and ouvea premix, which give off dangerous gases if they get wet, was
- Its finally going . . . . Mataura to be rid of hazardous . . .
Taha Asia Pacific stored 10,000 tonnes of ouvea premix in the former paper mill, and another 10,000 in warehouses in Invercargill before it went into liquidation in 2016
- The Top 20 Best Tropical Islands in the World in 2021
The best time to go to the Maldives is from November to May, when the weather is cool and dry June through October sees wetter and hotter weather due to the monsoon season INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE MALDIVES The Maldives is made up of 26 atolls and over 1,100 coral islands It’s the lowest and flatest nation in the world
- Government to pay half of bill for Mataura mill toxic . . .
A deal has been struck to speed up the removal of aluminium dross from Mataura's paper mill Minister for the Environment David Parker confirmed the government would share the costs of expediting
- 20 best places to visit in 2020 | CNN Travel
CNN Travel unveils 20 of the best places to visit in 2020, including a hidden gem in the Caribbean, a remote island off the coast of Africa and a German town with the coolest trains
- Government to spend $300k to address operations at Tiwai Point
The government will front up another $300,000 of taxpayer funds to address the operations of the aluminium smelter at Tiwai Point New Zealand Aluminium Smelters Ltd and the Environmental Defence