- Huonville - Accommodation Things To Do | Discover Tasmania
Huonville Huonville sits on the banks of the tranquil Huon River and is surrounded by fruit orchards, farmland and the peaks of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area
- Driving in Tasmania | Travel Information | Discover Tasmania
Calculate distances and drive times around Tasmania Get easy travel information to make all your journeys in Tasmania hassle free
- Camping Arve River Picnic South West Tasmania Free Guide . . .
To access the Arve River camping and picnic area, travel on the C631 for 15 kilometres west of the town of Geeveston This camping area is most suited to tent based camping, however there is limited room for small caravans, campervans or camper trailers
- Tasmanian fire danger not over, as blaze edges closer to . . .
Mr Middleton urged people not to become complacent in light of better weather conditions today "We still need people to be very vigilant even though the we've had weather conditions abate in most
- Aurora Australis Southern Lights | Tasmania Travel Guide
The Aurora Australis, otherwise known as the Southern Lights, is the lesser known counterpart to its famous alternative, the Northern Lights Every year people flock to Iceland and Norway to view the spectacle in the Arctic Circle, but its relatively unknown southern equal can be a surprising delight and well worth the trip to Tasmania, where it can best be viewed
- Tasmania fire ban in place as uncontrolled bushfires rage . . .
He said they would constantly assess the fire situation and weather to decide when to go “It’s a hard call to make, we don’t want to jump the gun,” he said
- Parks Wildlife Service - A Guide to 4WD Tracks in Tasmania
PWS Fire Update - Friday 22 February 2019 22 02 2019 To date, the fire area has affected around 94,000 ha (about 6%) of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area (TWWHA) and approximately 42,476 ha (about 3 4%) of other reserves managed by the Parks and Wildlife Service